07 May 2013

Revlon ColourStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick in Socialite




Long wearing and moisturising isn't something you usually hear in the sentence in the beauty world - But the new Revlon ColourStay Ultimate Suede Lipsticks promise moisture and wear in one velvety soft formulaAvailable in 14 shades, the Revlon ColourStay Ultimate Suede Lipsticks are packed with shea butter and aloe to ensure all day hydration and softness teamed with rich long lasting colour. 

Having not hearing too much about these, I really didn't know what to expect to be honest. I guess something like the Nars Satin Lip Pencils

But how did they fare? The colour I've been using is Socilaite, a neural pink with a very very fine soft shimmer running though out. Swatched on my hand the colour seemed impressive, but on the lips its akin to my natural shade and didn't quite pack the punch I had anticipated. Non the less, its a pretty everyday shade that ties together natural make up very well.

When first applied the formula is unlike any other I've tried - Its balmy, and the silicone like texture glides effortlessly across the lips. Leaving the perfect amount of colour with a touch of subtle glossiness. After a few minutes, it dries down slightly and almost feels as if its setting, then starts to look a little bit more matte on the lip.

That is where the good news ends unfortunately - After about 10 minutes of wear it became very sticky on the lips and felt pretty horrible. It made my lips dry and chapped, and it most definitely did not live up to the long lasting claim.. Instead it just became patchy. So I gave it another chance with freshly exfoliated and moisturised lips, and dissapointingly it pretty much ended the same way. 

Honestly, I don't think I will be using them again but if you did want to give these a try, they're priced at £8.99 and are available from Boots or Superdrug 

No comments:

Post a Comment