13 April 2013

The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream




The Body Shop Mattifying Day Cream - £10

Moisturiser is a product I always struggle with. I can never buy a moisturiser on a whim, hours of careful research, blog posts and website reviews much be carefully scoured before any kind of purchase is made. I have heavily oily skin, and anything too rich causes my skin to create highly excessive amounts of oil, and my foundation struggles to stay on.

I've never found a primer that suited me, so I tend to favour a lightly hydrating gel-cream that that dries matte leaving a perfect base for the following products apply. The Body Shop Seaweed Day Cream  is a product I have been using for years and it does just that. This oil free gel-like formula absorbs beautifully into perfectly cleansed skin, moisturising dry areas and balancing oil in others. The cream is light to the touch, and has a fresh clean scent. When absorbed the Body Shop day cream creates a matte, and shine free complexion ready for foundation. 

The gel-cream hybrid helps my foundation last around 2-3 hours longer that it would do without, and is still hydrating enough to keep me looking fresh and luminous. 


The whole seaweed range  is available from The Body Shop and is priced from only £1.50

No comments:

Post a Comment