30 August 2013

Maybelline Fit Me Shine Free Foundation Stick


I've had pretty good luck with Maybelline products this year - Their mascara are always on point, the Colour Tattoos are worth every penny and the Fit Me range was impressive too. Naturally when I saw the Fit Me foundation stick in Allure Magazine I was intruded, all day coverage with a shine free finish.. Sounds pretty perfect, right? When it was finally released in the UK I practically ran to Superdrug to get my swatch on and put this to the test. 

The Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Stick is gel stick foundation with an 'anti-shine' core that absorbs excess oil, helping to create that shine free matte finish. The foundation stick is incredibly soft and creamy when swatched, and as you can see from the picture its actually every so slightly dewy which was unexpected but very welcome. Since this was my first experience with a pan stick foundation in a very long time I was a little unsure how to actually apply this, so I just drew a couple of squiggles on my face and blended with my fingers.

For some reason it took a little longer that most other foundations to blend into the skin, it looked a little streaky and didn't seem to sit very well on the skin. The coverage was light-medium which was pretty disappointing, and immediately fell into every single fine line and pore on my face. When it settled on the skin it emphasised all my imperfections - flaky skin, dry patches and large pores in places I didn't even know I had them. After a couple more attempts of different methods of application, I just could not get this foundation to work for me at all.

If you're on the lookout for a new foundation, I would give this one a miss to be honest. But if curiosity gets the better if you like it did me, have a little swatch and see what you think. The Maybelline Fit Me Foundation is priced at £8.99 and available from Boots and Superdrug.  

No comments:

Post a Comment