02 July 2013

Topshop Cream Blush in Flush




Swatched and Blended

Being a small town gal means my local Topshop unfortunately doesn't stock any of the beautiful pieces of make up I find myself lusting over online, so on a recent trip into London instead of heading to the blouses and jeans in the flagship Oxford Street store it was the make up that had my full attention. I left swatches up to my shoulder, a smile on my face and a bag full of new goodies I couldn't wait to get my lacquered mits on. It's actually only within the last year that I have dabbled into the world of cream blushes, being very oily skinned I always favoured matte products not wanting to extenuate any existing shininess on my face, but over time I have learnt to love the oil and embrace the shine and I haven't looked back since!
Topshop's Cream Blush in Flush is a beautiful fresh pink shade, and as the name suggests, blends into the skin seamlessly creating a natural glowing flush. In the pan it does looks pretty bright and almost unwearable if I'm honest, but you can see from my swatch that on the skin the colour is transformed and looks a lot more easy on the eye whist still being lovely and rich in pigment. The finish of the blush is everything you want from a cream blusher, it's healthy and dewy looking and brings a much needed lift to lack lustre skin. 

To apply the cream blush I like to use the ELF Powder Brush and push it into the apples of my cheeks, I feel this gives the most seamless and natural look. For a little more colour, I tend to stipple the product over my cheeks with the Real Techniques Stippling Brush but I find this takes slightly more time. 

Priced at a very reasonable £6, the Topshop Cream Blushes are excellent! Available instore at some Topshop stores or online at topshop.com I would say these are so worth picking up next time you see them, or make a naughty online order. 



No comments:

Post a Comment